These are my three favorite dresses from River Island. To be honest, most of their dresses weren't quite up my street, but these three are absolute gems! T Geometric Tshirt Dress (no. 1) is my favorite!
Monday, 22 July 2013
Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Today I'm going to review the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Oil cleanser. It is an oil that you massage into dry skin then rinse off with warm water.
It effectively breaks down foundation and other facial products, and leaves the skin feeling clean, soft and not at all stripped.
It also removes eye makeup, although it does take a bit of scrubbing, and despite it not stinging if it gets into the eyes, it does make your vision a bit blurry because of the oil.
So, there is one major downfall to this product- the primary ingredient is Mineral Oil. This is a waste product from petrol production (I believe) that can clogg pores, causing under the skin spots, and cause people to 'break out'. For me though, mineral oil doesn't seem to have too much of an effect, especially as I only tend to use this cleanser in the evening.
Overall, I'd reccomend this oil-based cleanser because it does the job, is unscented, and (resonably) cheap at £7.99 from Boots.
Have you guys tried this or any other oil cleansers? What do you think of them?
Have a good week!
Monday, 15 July 2013
These are my most coveted Topshop skirts- I love the unique shapes/fabrics/prints of Topshop's pieces compared to other highstret brands. Let me know which one's your favourite - I like them all!
Wednesday, 10 July 2013
Monday, 8 July 2013
Top AppsHello everyone,
Today I thought I'd share with you my favourite iphone apps as I personally love discovering new wonderful apps!
1) Instagram is a major favourite! It's great for when you're trying to kill time waiting or you're just bored! I love all the artistic, inspiring photographs from some of my favourite users (beautyandsomebeef is a really lovely food Instagram).
2) Timehop is an app that revisits your posts on social media on the day you go on the app every year... I'm not explaining this very clearly, so just download the app and you'll see!
3) PicCollage is a really good photo editing app which allows you to create cut-out collages.
4) RUA2 or Rainbow Unicorn Attack 2 is an action game but with a rainbow unicorn as the main character. You only have two controls- jump and dash, and using those two controls you have to jump over gaps and 'blast' through star-crystal things!
5) Snapchat is an infamous photo messaging app, enabling you to send videos or pictures to your friends for a maximum of 10 seconds. I always send the most flattering pics of me to my friends!
6) The Daily Mail is another good app for when you are bored and it is especially good on the tube as it works off-line too! Yes, the quality of the articles is not great, but I never tire of reading the "my sister had an affair with my husband and got pregnant with quadruplets" type stories or "My body started eating itself" and it is a good quick way to keep updated with current affairs.
So, those were my 6 favourite apps of the moment- comment below letting my know about yours!
Monday, 1 July 2013
Sorry for the absence but I'm in the middle of my GCSE final exams! I'm sure most of you know how stressful this time is!
Anyway, today's post is going to be all about my holy grail products, which I've repurchased time and time again and just could not live without!
- St Ives Face Apricot Rejuvinating Face Scrub. I didn't use this scrub for a week and my skin went a really odd, bumpy texture, where I guess my skin was just really clogged up. I then used the St Ives scrub, and straight away there was a noticeable difference and my skin was back to normal. Since (and before) then I use the scrub when i wash my hair, which is around every three-to-four days, and my skin remains clear and of a smooth texture. Also, this scrub is a brilliant drugstore find at £5 but has often been on offer.
- Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I've repurchased this lip balm about 6 times now and never foresee stopping! It moisturises the lips instantly and keeps them so, you don't need to reapply it too much during the day and it isn't at all glossy (so good for image conscious men too!). It also has a wonderful minty fragrance, which I love because it is a non-offensive smell- I don't know anyone who strongly dislikes mint- and it also makes your breath smell minty!
Those are my two holy grail products- I know, not many at all but I truly love these two, and I'll be sure to do another post when I find more holy grail/most repurchased products!
Thankyou for reading!